No matter the use case you can always create a link that when opened an Iridize guide would be launched automatically.
Common use cases are:
- Sending out an email campaign to your customers about a new feature. If clicked you want the reader to be engaged with an Iridize tour of the new feature.
- Linking a knowledge-base article to relevant guide. If the article is providing an overview of a certain procedure the user could jump directly into doing that procedure while being guided by Iridize.
- Integrating Iridize guides with your LMS
- Iridize must be embedded in your application
- You need to have some knowledge of HTML or at least of creating an HTML link.
- You must have sufficient permissions to be able to add the HTML link to the email campaign, LMS, knowledge-base.
Creating a Permalink
A permalink is composed of 2 parts.
- The link to the page that you want the user to go to. For example if you application is hosted on http://myapp.com, the link to the user profile page could be http://myapp.com/profile.
- A parameter that would signal Iridize to launch the guide. This is why we need Iridize to be embedded for this to work.
So, to complete our example, if I have an Iridize guide that gives an overview of the profile page and if the API name of this guide is abcdefg. Than our parts will be:
and all we need to do to combine them is add a ? in between; giving us
Here is a live example for you: https://iridize.com/account/manage/?stStart=jn2a42ic