"Context-sensitive help is a kind of online help that is obtained from a specific point in the state of the software, providing help for the situation that is associated with that state."
This definition is taken from this wikipedia article. Also from this article, "Context-sensitive help can be implemented using tooltips" which is exactly where Iridize comes in.
While you can use Iridize to create flows to guide users through complex procedures, sometimes, some extra information that appears when you put your mouse cursor over a button or a form field can do a world of good.
In Iridize we call these on-hover tooltips. To add them to any page in your application please follow this 3 minute video.
direct link - https://youtu.be/q5acUn5eLi8
If you don't like videos
- In the display settings of each tooltip, remember to:
- check 'Hide Next button'
- check 'Hide Close button'
- uncheck 'Show Back button'
- check 'Hide step count footer'
- In the activation settings of each tooltip, remember to set 'Show on hover'
- In the step settings section uncheck 'Highlight Target Element'