Let's say that a new feature has been added to your application and you've written a detailed article about how to use this feature and have added this article to your knowledge-base/help-center/wiki.
How do I get the users who use this feature to read the article and to see the full power of the feature?
What if you could:
- Open a splash window for the first 3 times the user lands on the feature page
- Embed a 30 seconds overview video of this feature
- Write the key benefits of using this feature
- Link to your detailed article for more information
Actually, you can do this! @Iridize we call this Contextual Page Level Help.
Before I show you can use Iridize to let your users know, I'd like to mentioned that you are not alone with this issue; Zendesk had recently released a new macros feature and this is exactly how they introduced it -
So, let me show you how @Iridize can help you look like a pro:
- Create a new walk-through guide om your guides page
- Make the first step a splash.
- Use the display settings to change the placement of the tip to be inside-top-right
- Now open the extended text editor and write/embed the desired content.
- Be sure to remove the Back button and consider using remind me later
- Remove the Highlight; this would allow the user to interact with the page as he sees fit while reading your content.
- Under the Advanced Settings, set Fixed Position; this will make the tip stay in view as the user scrolls the page up or down.
Here's the result: