One of the cool ways of using Iridize is embedding external content into an Iridize “bubble.”
You can use this feature to, for example -
- Provide your users with a survey that you’ve created (in SurveyMonkey or in Google Sheets for example) directly over the interface of your product.
- Give you users direct access to relevant information in your FAQ or Knowledgebase while they are using the product
- Sharing information from an external source or website in a contextually relevant
This features utilizes Iridize’s ability to embed iframes (or Inline Frame) in our bubbles. These iframe-bubbles can appear as single-step guides or as part of a longer guide (one of the steps), based on your requirements and the process.
And, of course, these guides and bubbles can be made to appear according to pre-set conditions (Only once, only on certain pages, only to certain people, etc.), just as any other guide. In addition, Iridize collects all usage data and lets you know that your users have actually seen this content (even though it is outside of your product).
Embedding an iframe
The mechanism of embedding an iframe into a bubble is similar to embedding a video or an audio link and uses the same process. Iridize has a generic algorithm that recognizes the type of content that is provided in the URL and automatically deploys it correctly in the bubble.
Just as with video and audio, there are two ways you can embed iframes into Iridize bubbles. In both cases the process is easy and quick.
From the Editor
- Launch the Iridize Editor
- In the Expanded Content Editor choose the Embed Media Console Box (see Image)
- In the console box enter the URL for your iframe and click “ok”
- The external website will now appear in your Iridize bubble
- You can minimize the Expanded Editor and either continue to the next Step or click “Done” and continue to the Guide Activation Conditions.
From the Dashboard
- Click the New button for creating a guide and choose “Video” from the options in the green bar (1).
- In the URL box (2) enter the URL of the page you wish to embed
- Don’t forget to give the new guide a name (3)
- Now click CREATE
- A new guide has been added to your Video Guide list
- You can now choose the URL you wish this guide to appear on
Please note! Some products do not allow you to embed them inside of an iframe. We suggest you test each page to see that it works before launching it to your users.